The Nationals are playing well in May and have a few good Memorial Day and military-themed promotions for their home games this week.
They are also adding a few new features to Nationals Park, like a stand that sells biscuit sandwiches (Virginia Country Kitchen) and a new team store.
Plus they are playing both the hated Yankees (May 19-20) and the Phillies (May 22-24), so you know it will be a fun homestand!
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.
Tuesday, May 19 vs. New York Yankees
- Nationals Tote Bag Presented by MLB Network: The first 25,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a special 10-Year Anniversary tote bag presented by MLB Network.
- Opening of the new Main Team Store: Join the Nationals in celebrating the opening of the new Team Store on Tuesday evening before the game! The new space will be nearly double the size of the previous store and stocked with Nationals merchandise.
- Virginia Country Kitchen: Located in Section 113, this new stand is dedicated to representing the state of Virginia, and will serve mouth-watering biscuit sandwiches, snacks and Virginian beer and wine. With the opening of this stand, flavors from the D.C., Maryland and Virginia regions are now all available at Nationals Park!
Wednesday, May 20 vs. New York Yankees
- Share a Coke: Beginning at 4:30 p.m., fans can personalize a Coke can with the Share a Coke initiative. The temporary stand will be located at the bottom of the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk and will be open until 8:30 p.m., while supplies last.
- Distinguished Public Service Award Presentation: In a pregame ceremony, Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus will present the Distinguished Public Service Award to the Washington Nationals, the Navy League and Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) for efforts following the Washington Navy Yard shooting. Presented by the U.S. Navy, this award honors civilians for heroic acts or exceptionally outstanding service of substantial and long-term benefit to the Navy, Marine Corps, or Department of the Navy as a whole. It is the highest recognition that the Secretary of the Navy may pay to a civilian not employed by the Department of the Navy.
Friday, May 22 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- Defending the Baseline: Nationals reliever Craig Stammen will host military families from Defending the Baseline prior to the game against the Phillies. Stammen first got involved with the organization after traveling on the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff’s 2012 USO Holiday Tour. Every month, he will invite families to view on-field batting practice and provide them with tickets to the game and NatsBucks
Saturday, May 23 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- Little League Player Visits: Players will be visiting the eight D.C. Little Leagues on Saturday morning as part of the Nationals Youth Baseball Uniform Program. In March, the team donated baseball caps, T-shirts and jerseys to all D.C. Little League and D.C. Department of Parks and Recreation Rookie League players as part of the Nationals’ commitment to supporting youth baseball in the District. Approximately 4,500 participants ranging in age from four to 13 years old currently wear Nationals branded apparel.
- Patriotic Series Presented by SAIC – Women in the Military Day: Pregame ceremonies will honor female veterans, service members and their families, and will include a special recognition of the Women in Military Service for America Memorial Foundation.
- Pups in the Park #2: Nationals fans and their canine friends can enjoy the second of six games that make up the 2015 Pups in the Park series. All proceeds from dog tickets will benefit the Washington Humane Society. Fans and their pups will enjoy a designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area featuring pet sitters and representatives from the Washington Humane Society, NOVA Dog Magazine and Fetch! Visit nationals.com/pups for additional information and tickets.
Sunday, May 24 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- 10-Year Anniversary Poster Presented by Potomac Nationals: The first 10,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a special poster commemorating the team’s 10-Year Anniversary.
- Youth Baseball and Softball Day #1: The Nationals welcome all area teams and leagues to the first Youth Baseball and Softball Day of the year. All players and coaches are invited to participate in a pregame parade along the warning track and enjoy Kids Run the Bases following the game. Tickets can be purchased at nationals.com/groups. The next Youth Baseball and Softball Day at Nationals Park will be held on June 7.
- Me and a Friend: In partnership with USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore and SAIC, this program recognizes the challenges that military children face as they regularly relocate due to their parents’ military assignments. The Nationals provide tickets to children of active duty service members, giving them the opportunity to use the tickets to connect with peers and help make new friends. SAIC will host a pregame kid-friendly picnic party for USO children and their friends in the Family Picnic area behind Section 142.