Uh-oh. The Nationals have picked a bad time to lose games. They just got swept in a 3-game series in New York by the Mets. Now both teams are deadlocked for 1st place in the NL East.
They did win two out of three games against the Mets two weeks ago, but they negated that gain with this latest lack of effort.
Two months left in the season and lots of work to do. No need to get down. The Nats are still very much alive.
Besides, on Wednesday night the promotion is a Jayson Werth Chia Pet. It will be spectacular.
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.
Monday, August 3 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
- Purchase hot dogs for just $1 at all Nats Dogs stands and additional select locations until the start of the sixth inning. While supplies last, some restrictions apply.
Tuesday, August 4 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
- The first 10,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a Replica 2005 Ticket. To celebrate the 10-Year Anniversary, six monthly 10-Year Tuesday games will feature a collectible keepsake. The Replica 2005 Ticket is the fifth 10-Year Tuesday collectible.
Wednesday, August 5 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
- The first 20,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a Jayson Werth Chia Pet. Chia seeds are included with the planter. Follow Nationals’ social accounts by using the hashtag #WerthChia.
- The Nationals training staff will host the 2015 PLAY Clinic to educate local youth about the importance of leading healthy and active lives. Participants will learn healthy eating, injury prevention and strength and conditioning. PLAY, (Promoting a Lifetime of Activity for Youth) is a public awareness campaign founded by the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society in partnership with the Taylor Hooton Foundation and MLB Charities.
Thursday, August 6 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
- U.S. Coast Guard Day: Senior leaders and other representatives from the U.S. Coast Guard will participate in the pregame ceremony and be the Nationals special guests for the Salute to Service.
Friday, August 7 vs. Colorado Rockies
- * As fans exit the ballpark, Good Humor will provide complimentary samples of an array of Good Humor novelty ice creams outside Center Field Gate on Half Street. Available while supplies last.
* Following Friday’s game, fans can enjoy a special fireworks show featuring military pageantry and patriotic-themed music by the U.S. Navy Ceremonial Guard Drill Team.
Saturday, August 8 vs. Colorado Rockies
- The annual Dream Foundation Day recognizes the year-round work that the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation does in the local community and also raises awareness about the Dream Foundation’s cornerstone programs and fundraising initiatives. As the charitable arm of the Nationals, the Dream Foundation is committed to improving the lives of children and teens in the Washington, D.C. region by supporting initiatives focused on academics, the arts, nutrition and sports. The Dream Foundation is using the power of baseball to provide a world of opportunity for area youth. To learn more about the Dream Foundation or to make a donation, visitnationals.com/dream.
- As fans enter the ballpark, McDonald’s will provide complimentary samples of frozen lemonade and strawberry lemonade outside Center Field Gate on Half Street. Available while supplies last.
- The Nationals have partnered with Harris Teeter to host the team’s annual Food Drive, benefiting the Capital Area Food Bank. Volunteers will be stationed outside Center Field Gate collecting non-perishable items from the time gates open through the second inning of each game. Fans who donate three or more non-perishable food items will receive two tickets to one of two future games, while supplies last. The first 500 fans to donate Harris Teeter brand canned goods each day of the food drive will also receive $5 in NatsBucks credit. Fans are eligible for one pair of tickets and one $5 NatsBucks credit each day of the drive.
Sunday, August 9 vs. Colorado Rockies
- As fans enter the ballpark, Peet’s Coffee will provide complimentary samples of Peet’s Iced Coffee outside Center Field Gate on N Street SE. Available while supplies last.
- The Nationals’ Food Drive continues from Saturday.