11 things to look forward to during the last Nationals’ homestand of 2016.
Get your tickets here!
Diamondbacks – September 26-29
Marlins – September 30-October 2
1) NL East Division Champs! Your Nationals clinched the division crown last Saturday. Pop the champagne and jump around in joy!
2) Playoffs. After this homestand, the Nationals are headed to the 2016 MLB postseason. They will most likely play the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL Division Series starting October 7th. Standing room only tickets are available here.
3) Garden Gnome. Get your stylish Ben Revere gnome on Tuesday, September 27th!
4) Hispanic Heritage Day. On Wednesday, September 28th come out to honor contributions from the Hispanic community. El Zol 107.9 will have a DJ and a street team roaming the park.
5) Election Night. On Friday, September 30th get your choice of a Nats branded donkey or elephant figurine. I hear the elephants break easily.
6) White Ford Bronco. The local DC cover band will entertain you starting at 4:30pm at the September 30th game!
7) Teachers are good! The third teacher appreciation night is September 30th.
8) Dogs! The last time you can bring your pooch to a game is Saturday, October 1st. Although the Pups in the Park tickets are sold out, you can still support the Washington Humane Society.
9) Win Nationals jerseys. On Sunday, October 2nd win game-worn, autographed jerseys as part of the Dream Foundation’s fundraiser. $5 raffle tickets provide you the chance to win one of 26 jerseys.
10) Broadcaster’s autographs. Also on Sunday, October 2nd members of the Nationals broadcast team will sign autographs. Find Bob Carpenter, F.P. Santangelo, Dan Kolko, Dave Jageler and Charlie Slowes for your signing pleasure.
11) Teddy! With a six-game lead over George (22-16) and only seven games left, it looks like Teddy should have this year’s President’s Race Championship in the bag. Provided there are no shenanigans…I went to the 9/14 game, and Teddy won in a rare straight-up race.