Trea Turner can hit! (Photo Credit: Keith Allison)
Your Washington Nationals are in the Big Dance! The Major League Baseball playoffs got underway on Tuesday, October 4th with the Toronto Blue Jays beating the Baltimore Orioles (sorry, no bird puns today).
Now it’s time for the Nationals to show us what they’re made of, as they take on the Los Angeles Dodgers Friday, October 7th for Game 1 of the NL Division Series.
After six months of consistently good baseball, and a NL East Division crown, your Nationals are poised to actually do more good things in the post-season. They excelled despite a down year for Bryce Harper (.243 BA and 24 HRs after hitting .330/40 HRs in his MVP 2015 season) and late season injuries to Stephen Strasburg.
The stories of contributors are many, but Daniel Murphy (2B) put up a MVP-like season (.347 BA and 104 RBIs). Trea Turner (OF) came in and dominated at the plate the second half of the season (he helped me win my fantasy league…). While Max Scherzer could be the favorite to win another Cy Young Award with his 20-7 record, 2.96 ERA and 284 SOs.
Division Series Schedule
10/7/16 – Dodgers @ Nationals (5:30pm)
10/8/16 – Dodgers @ Nationals (5:30pm)
10/10/16 – Nationals @ Dodgers (Time TBD)
10/11/16 – Nationals @ Dodgers (Time TBD) – if necessary
10/13/16 – Dodgers @ Nationals (Time TBD) – if necessary
Check for home tickets here, or look for resale options.
Your Nationals (Photo Credit: Keith Allison)
11 things to look forward to during the last Nationals’ homestand of 2016.
Get your tickets here!
Diamondbacks – September 26-29
Marlins – September 30-October 2
1) NL East Division Champs! Your Nationals clinched the division crown last Saturday. Pop the champagne and jump around in joy!
2) Playoffs. After this homestand, the Nationals are headed to the 2016 MLB postseason. They will most likely play the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL Division Series starting October 7th. Standing room only tickets are available here.
3) Garden Gnome. Get your stylish Ben Revere gnome on Tuesday, September 27th!
Nationals fans (Photo Credit: Keith Allison)
11 things to look forward to on the Nationals’ homestand.
Get your tickets here!
Braves – September 5-7
Phillies – September 8-11
Mets – September 12-14
1) Budweiser Music Party. For Labor Day, on September 5th, the Nationals will host a pregame music party starting at 1:30pm. There will be a mechanical bull and the stylings of Joe Bachman & The Tailgaters. Ticket includes a game ticket, concert and a Bud.
2) Trea Turner. Named NL August Rookie of the Month! His 45 hits in August are a Nationals rookie record for a calendar month. He hit .357, scored 27 runs and had an incredible 11 stolen bases!
3) Division Rivals. Basically, if the Mets want to challenge the Nationals for the NL East Division, this will be the time to do it. (The Braves and Phillies are out of it.)
Homerun by Daniel Murphy (Photo by Arturo Pardavila III)
Eight things to look forward to on the Nationals’ homestand.
Get your tickets here!
Orioles – August 24-25
Rockies – August 26-28
Your Nationals play on July 4th, 2016
Today the United States of America turns 240.
Getting up there, but like baseball and apple pie, still good after all these years.
(Teddy with life-size Max Scherzer bobblehead)
11 things to look forward to on the Nationals’ homestand from May 23-29.
Get your tickets here.
1) The battle for first place! Your Nats are in 1st by a mere 1.5 games over the 2nd place Mets. It may still be early but division games matter (May 23-25). Now.
2) The Cardinals have started slowly in the NL Central, a division currently being decimated by the Cubs, so the Nats should roll (May 26-29).
3) Gain a free Max Scherzer No-Hitter bobblehead on Monday, May 23rd! Part 1 of 2. (Remember when Max straight owned the Tigers on May 11th with a MLB-record tying 20 strikeouts? Yes, yes you do. Now, own him in small form!)
4) Watch the presidents! Teddy has six wins in President Races this season. Good for 1st place over Hoover by one victory. #LetTeddyWin Keep track here.
Stephen Strasburg pitches twice this week. See him both games.
11 things to look forward to this week with the Nationals playing at home.
- $1 Hotdogs on Tuesday, May 10th.
- A free finely crafted Bryce Harper bobblehead on Wednesday, May 11th.
- A 2nd place team glad not to be playing the Cubs anymore. Yikes, a 4-game sweep.
- A doubleheader on Saturday, May 14th!
- Free Budweiser T-shirts on Saturday. (for Game #1)
- Pups in the Park on Saturday. (for Game #2)
- Stephen Strasburg on the mound twice! (Monday and probably Saturday)
- $5 Beer (in the Budweiser Terrace) up until 35 minutes before first pitch.
- Calvin Coolidge joining the Racing Presidents. Six Commanders in Chief in one place!
- MLB All-Star Voting! http://mlb.mlb.com/was/fan_forum/all-star-ballot-offer/ (Hint: Vote only for Nationals players.)
- A possible Ichiro sighting (with the Marlins). He only needs 53 hits to reach 3,000!