Today is your Washington Nationals home opener!
Baseball is back in the Capitol!
The Nationals play the Miami Marlins tonight at 4pm. If you didn’t get tickets, don’t worry they play again on Saturday and Sunday. Then they welcome the Atlanta Braves for a 4-game series, starting Monday, April 11.
Find tickets here.
For today’s game, here are four things to look forward to:
- The first 25,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a pair of Nationals sunglasses presented by GEICO.
- The 25 Millionth Fan will walk through the gates at Nationals Park. This lucky fan will receive a pair of Opening Day tickets for the next 25 years, as well as a special Nationals jersey and jacket, Nats Bucks credit, acknowledgment in-game on Nats HD and a visit to the Ownership Box.
- Flyover by the 71st Fighter Training Squadron “Ironmen” from Langley Air Force Base.
- White Ford Bronco will perform at the Budweiser Terrace.
For the upcoming season, here are four more things to look forward to:
- Star Wars Day – On Saturday, August 13th, the first 20,000 fans will receive a special T-shirt. And there will be Teddybacca! (Teddy as a Wookie)
- New food from the Pitch Your Product Culinary Contest – The two winners were Haute Dog and Fries and Pinch Dumplings.
- 80’s Night – On Friday, June 10, the first 20,000 fans get a fanny pack! And music!
- Pin Exchange – In one of the Team Stores, there will be a board with Pins, which you can add one and take one. Or you can just buy the one you really love. I mention this, because there was a really cool one from the Baltimore Orioles.
MLB: Miami Marlins at Washington Nationals
Thursday, April 7, 2016