For the month of December, Mockingbird Hill owner Derek Brown will transform his sherry bar (1843 7th St. NW, DC) into a Christmas bar.
And Derek and company are really going all out to do it.
Borrowing the concept from Cocktail Kingdom and barman Nico de Soto of Mace and Miracle on 9th Street in New York City, Derek will introduce a line of 10 Christmas-themed cocktails and a shot from Tuesday, Dec. 1, to Thursday, Dec. 24.
Miracle on 7th Street bar will feature daily Christmas and Hanukkah-themed happy hours.
“Guests can expect to enjoy Christmas classic movie nights, Manischewitz Pong competitions, and cookie baking shenanigans. The holiday pop-up will serve up everything from live Christmas carolers to cocktails served in outrageous Santa mugs, adorned with frosty evergreen trees and gingerbread men,” according to a press release.
- Sundays: Gay Men’s Chorus Happy Hour (9pm-close)
- Mondays: DIY Xmas Crafts (6-8pm)
- Tuesdays: Holiday Movie Night (7pm)
- Wednesdays: Hanukkah Takeover with Manischewitz Pong and Spin the Driedel (6pm)
- Thursdays: Free Cookie Night (6pm)
- Fridays: Ledroit “Bad Santa” Happy Hour and Photographs with Jolly Old Saint Nick (5-8pm)
- Saturdays: Ugly Xmas Sweater Night with 10 percent discount on all drinks for participants (5-8pm)
Miracle on 7th Street Cocktail Menu:
- Gretchen, Stop Trying to Make Fetch Happen $12
Moscatel Sherry, Dry Curaçao, Spiced Cranberry Syrup, Sparkling Wine
- I Don’t Mind You Shooting Me, Frank, But Take It Easy on the Rum $12
Rum, Crème de Menthe, Lime, Candy Cane
- Yippie Ki Yay, Motherf****r!!! (By Nico de Soto of Mace, NYC) $12
Trinidad Rum, Cachaça, Dry Curaçao, Roasted Chestnut Orgeat, Lime
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus $12
Pink Peppercorn-infused Dry Gin, Suze, Dolin Rouge, Conifer
- A Merry, Messy Kwelfnuve Kweznuz $12
Rye, White Port, Fernet Branca, Aromatic Bitters
- Francisco, That’s Fun to Say $12
Mezcal, Chocolate “Milk,” Green Chartreuse Marshmallow
- You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out! $12
Blended Scotch, Pisco, Drambuie, Lemon Curd, Pistachio “Orgeat,” Gingerbread Cream
- Can I Interest You in Hanukkah? $12
PX Sherry, U-Bet Chocolate Syrup, Xocolatl Mole & Whiskey Barrel Bitters, Cream, Soda
- Here We Come A-Wassailing $12
Mulled Brown Ale, Cream Sherry, Spices, Brown Sugar, Roasted Apples, Sops
- Mele Kalikimaka (In a tiki bowl for two)
Amontillado & Cream Sherry, Brandy, Roasted Plum Syrup, Bitters & Spices, Grapefruit, Clarified Milk
- Nog Shot $4
Shot of Baltimore Egg Nog