The Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington has been holding an open ballot for the public to vote on four categories for restaurants receiving RAMMY Awards, and voting closes at midnight tomorrow, Tuesday, April 28.
Anyone can visit the Washington City Paper at http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/food/rammys/ to vote in the four categories of Favorite Gathering Place, Upscale Brunch, Everyday Casual Brunch and Favorite Fast Bites.
Here are the categories and nominees for each as well as our pick to win (feel free to make our pick your own!):
The finalists for Favorite Gathering Place of the Year:
• Bar Pilar (1833 14th St. NW, DC)
• Cashion’s Eat Place (1819 Columbia Rd. NW, DC)
• ChurchKey (1337 14th St. NW #2, DC)
• Et Voila! (5120 MacArthur Blvd. NW, DC)
• Evening Star Café (2000 Mt Vernon Ave., Alexandria, Va.)
Our pick: Bar Pilar. We are kinda partial to places that honor Ernest Hemmingway in addition to being centrally located and all around cozy.
The finalists for Favorite Fast Bites:
• Cava Grill – Bethesda Row (4832 Bethesda Ave., Bethesda, Md.)
• DCity Smokehouse (8 Florida Ave. NW, DC)
• G by Mike Isabella (2201 14th St. NW, DC)
• Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza – Friendship Heights (4940 Wisconsin Ave. NW, DC)
• Red Apron Butcher – Union Market (1309 5th St. NE, DC)
Our pick: DCity Smokehouse. How can you say no to the absolute best BBQ in the city?
The finalists for Upscale Casual Brunch of the Year:
• Birch & Barley (1337 14th St. NW, DC)
• Kapnos – DC (2201 14th St. NW, DC)
• Le Diplomate (1601 14th St. NW, DC)
• The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm (42461 Lovettsville Rd., Lovettsville, Va.)
• Seasons at The Four Seasons (2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, DC)
Our pick: Le Diplomate. Le Diplomate is le delicious. (We know that’s not proper French, but we do love the place.)
The finalists for Everyday Casual Brunch of the Year:
• Beuchert’s Saloon (623 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, DC)
• The Daily Dish (8301A Grubb Rd., Silver Spring, Md.)
• DGS Delicatessen (1317 Connecticut Ave. NW, DC)
• Duke’s Grocery (1513 17th St. NW, DC)
• The Liberty Tavern (3195 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, Va.)
Our pick: Duke’s Grocery. Not only do they have one of the most impressive burgers in the city, but the proper English breakfast is absolutely, devastatingly yummy.
The Restaurant Association will announce winners at the 33rd Annual RAMMY Awards Gala on Sunday, June 7, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.