Daniel Murphy is your NL Player of the Month (July 2016)
11 things to look forward to on the Nationals’ homestand.
Get your tickets here!
Giants – August 5-7
Indians – August 9-10
Braves – August 12-14
1) July’s NL Player of the Month. Yes, indeed, Daniel Murphy is honored again this month (he also won in May), hitting .346. He leads the league in batting average (.356) and hits (136).
2) Star Wars Day! On August 13th get a spiffy Nationals Star Wars t-shirt (only 20,000 of you). Plus Star Wars characters will roam around for photo ops. I predict: all Ewoks.
Season Record: 2-4-4 (10 points)
Your D.C. United were not inspired last Sunday, dropping a 2-0 game to NYC FC. Maybe they were too busy planning out gifts to give to their mothers.
The next home game is this Friday, May 13th, against the New York Red Bulls (the worst nickname in sports). The Red Bulls and United are tied for the 6th place spot in the Eastern Conference, so something has to give. Actually, I predict a draw.
In addition to soccer, this will be Star Wars night. Dress up! Get the force with you!
Buy your tickets here.
Audacious Assertion: Draw: United 1, Red Bulls 1
(My picks so far: 1-1)
Or find a future game from the season schedule.
MLS: New York Red Bulls at D.C. United
Friday, May 13, 2016
Let’s Play Ball! But not with these.
Today is your Washington Nationals home opener!
Baseball is back in the Capitol!
The Nationals play the Miami Marlins tonight at 4pm. If you didn’t get tickets, don’t worry they play again on Saturday and Sunday. Then they welcome the Atlanta Braves for a 4-game series, starting Monday, April 11.
Find tickets here.
For today’s game, here are four things to look forward to:
- The first 25,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a pair of Nationals sunglasses presented by GEICO.
- The 25 Millionth Fan will walk through the gates at Nationals Park. This lucky fan will receive a pair of Opening Day tickets for the next 25 years, as well as a special Nationals jersey and jacket, Nats Bucks credit, acknowledgment in-game on Nats HD and a visit to the Ownership Box.
- Flyover by the 71st Fighter Training Squadron “Ironmen” from Langley Air Force Base.
- White Ford Bronco will perform at the Budweiser Terrace.
For the upcoming season, here are four more things to look forward to:
- Star Wars Day – On Saturday, August 13th, the first 20,000 fans will receive a special T-shirt. And there will be Teddybacca! (Teddy as a Wookie)
- New food from the Pitch Your Product Culinary Contest – The two winners were Haute Dog and Fries and Pinch Dumplings.
- 80’s Night – On Friday, June 10, the first 20,000 fans get a fanny pack! And music!
- Pin Exchange – In one of the Team Stores, there will be a board with Pins, which you can add one and take one. Or you can just buy the one you really love. I mention this, because there was a really cool one from the Baltimore Orioles.
MLB: Miami Marlins at Washington Nationals
Thursday, April 7, 2016
The Nationals look to win the NL East
Major League Baseball’s All-Star break is over. Now back to reality and the second half of the season.
The Nationals are poised for a run at the NL East Division title. Let’s do this!
The Nats play the Dodgers and Mets over the next six days. They have a 2 game lead over the aforementioned Mets, so that will be a huge series.
This Sunday is Star Wars Day.
Come cheer for your Nats.
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.
Friday, July 17 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
- Enjoy Spanish-inspired sandwiches and seasonal soups from Pepe Food Truck by José Andrés at Nationals Park. On Friday and Sunday, the truck will be stationed inside the ballpark near the Right Field Gate.
Saturday, July 18 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies, Eagle Scouts and other groups are invited to Nationals Park for the third Scout Day event of the season. Groups will participate in a parade on the field before the game. For more: nationals.com/groups.
- As fans enter the ballpark, Peet’s Coffee will provide complimentary samples of Peet’s Iced Coffee outside Center Field Gate on N Street SE. Available while supplies last.
Sunday, July 19 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
- Join the first-ever STAR WARS™ Day at Nationals Park. The first 25,000 fans to enter through ALL GATES will receive a Washington Nationals edition R2-D2 Can Cooler, courtesy of ThinkGeek. Fans can enjoy special menu items, entertainment and STAR WARS™ characters roaming the ballpark. DJs will be in Center Field Plaza and Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk, spinning music from the movies. In addition, there will be several STAR WARS™ activation stations on the concourse, each with characters and photo backdrops to create lasting memories of the day. Come dressed in your favorite Star Wars attire. However, adults are not allowed to wear masks that cover their face. Young children under the age of 10 can wear masks when accompanied by an adult 21 years or older. Any props resembling weapons will not be allowed into Nationals Park (this includes lightsabers and toy guns).