Bryce Harper, the best in the game! (Eight home runs after 15 games) (Bryce pictured against the Baltimore Orioles at Oriole Park at Camden Yards on July 12, 2015, in Baltimore, Md. — Photo by Keith Allison)
Your Nationals are flying high to start the 2016 campaign. At 11-4, they are in first place in the NL East Division by 3-1/2 games over the Mets.
Stephen Strasburg already has three wins and 21 strikeouts, while Joe Ross has started with a blazing 0.54 ERA after three starts.
This weekend the Nats take on the Twins. On Saturday there is the first Pups in Park (bring your dog!) sponsored by Budweiser (their new beer partner).
Then next Tuesday they start a 3-game series against Philadelphia. Phillies fans, go home!
Don’t forget that you can get $5 beers (in the Budweiser Terrace) from when the gates open until 35 minutes before first pitch
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.
Friday, April 22 vs. Minnesota Twins
- Nationals 3B Anthony Rendon will bring a group of scholar-athletes from the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy to Nationals Park to watch the game. As part of this season-long program, the group will enjoy a private meet and greet with Anthony and special batting practice viewing. For more information on the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy, visit nationalsacademy.org.
Saturday, April 23 vs. Minnesota Twins
- Sold out! Nationals fans and their canine friends can enjoy the first Pups in the Park of the 2016 season presented by Budweiser. Every dog participating in Saturday’s pregame Pups parade will receive a co-branded Nationals/Budweiser dog leash. Fans and their pups will enjoy the designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area, featuring pet sitters and representatives from the Washington Humane Society and Fetch! Pet Care. All proceeds from dog tickets benefit the Washington Humane Society. The next Pups in the Park will be held on May 14. For more info visit nationals.com/pups.
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies, Eagle Scouts and other groups from across the region are invited to Nationals Park for the season’s first Scout Day. All scouts who purchase Scout Day tickets will receive a commemorative Nationals Scout Patch. For more information and tickets, visit nationals.com/groups.
Sunday, April 24 vs. Minnesota Twins
- Happy 11th birthday, Screech! Mascots from across the D.C. area will be at Nationals Park to help Screech celebrate his big day. Screech and his friends will play fun games, including musical chairs, and participate in a special birthday ceremony on the field!
Tuesday, April 26 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- The Nationals will give away Racing President Teddy Plush Window Clings to the first 20,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES. After the game, the Nationals are encouraging fans to share photos of where they placed the Teddy Window Plush Cling by using the hashtag #ClingTeddyCling. Participants will be entered to win complimentary tickets to a game in May.
- NASA astronaut Kjell Lindgren will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the game against the Phillies. Dr. Lindgren recently returned from a six-month stay aboard the International Space Station, where he and his Expeditions 44 and 45 crewmates conducted hundreds of scientific experiments. As a tribute to the team, he brought along a Washington Nationals hat for his journey aboard the space station.
Wednesday, April 27 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- Military Appreciation Day marks the first of four games in the Patriotic Series presented by SAIC. As a thank you for their service and sacrifice, the Nationals will offer two complimentary tickets to members of the military (active duty, dependent, reservist or retiree) for every military ID presented at the Grand Staircase Box Office near First Base Gate beginning at4:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Maximum of two tickets per ID. Complimentary and discounted tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last.
Thursday, April 28 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- The promotion is the Nationals are playing!