Wow. What a difference a few weeks make. The Nationals are on an epic, uncontrolled tailspin in August with little end in sight. They did win two out of three against the Rockies. And now they have a nine-game homestand to look forward to.
From first place and a joyous time for us fans to second place and a dip below .500.
The Nationals are four games behind the Mets, who seem to be on a mission to make Jon Stewart the happiest man on Earth (as a Mets fan). Jon, I want you back at the Daily Show immediately, but I hope your Mets crash and burn.
The Nationals have gone 6-13 in August, including a four-game sweep by the Giants. Bah.
I repeat. Bah. It’s time to put up or shut up.
Yet, I still believe. Plus, if you plan on attending any games next week, look out for a Rendon Gnome, a Werth Bobblehead and even an ’80’s night.
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.
Friday, August 21 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
- The first 15,000 fans (21 years and up) to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Nationals cap presented by Miller.
- As fans exit the ballpark, Good Humor will provide complimentary samples of an array of Good Humor ice cream novelties outside Center Field Gate on N Street. Available while supplies last.
Saturday, August 22 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
- The first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Nationals charger presented by United Airlines.
Sunday, August 23 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
- The Nationals have partnered with WUSA9 to host Grand Slam for Teachers Day. The event will support WUSA9’s Teachers are Superheroes campaign, dedicated to helping teachers raise funds for classroom projects via the online charity website, donorschoose.org. From now until the end of the season, five dollars of every ticket sold through nationals.com/schools will help fund teacher projects at four local schools. Learn more: wusa9.com/teachers.
Tuesday, August 25 vs. San Diego Padres
- The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive an Anthony Rendon Garden Gnome.
- Fans can enjoy Spanish-inspired sandwiches from PEPE Food Truck by José Andrés. On Tuesday, fans can find the truck stationed inside the ballpark near the Right Field Gate.
- Beginning August 25, fans can purchase a raffle ticket to enter to win a Nationals branded 2015 Harley-Davidson motorcycle presented by GEICO. On display in the Main Team Store, all proceeds from tickets will benefit the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation. Tickets cost $5 and are available for purchase until September 5, when the winner will be selected at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, August 26 vs. San Diego Padres
- $1 ice cream novelties will be available for purchase at select Nats Dogs stands until the start of the 6th inning, while supplies last.
- Charge up your smartphones and join us for the latest social fan event at Nationals Park. Inlocking special offers on the Nationals social media channels, running special fan features on the NatsHD Scoreboard and more, all evening long. No special ticket required. Look for #NatsSocialFanEvent throughout the evening for special offers, scoreboard features and more.
Thursday, August 27 vs. San Diego Padres
- With a special Pet Calendar Day ticket purchase, fans will receive a Nationals Player Pet Calendar featuring members of the team and some furry friends. $1 from each special ticket sold will be donated to the Washington Humane Society. Fans can enjoy a DJ in Center Field Plaza, a special Presidents Race and a petting zoo including a pig, a horse, a llama, goats, rabbits and ducks. Fans can enjoy the zoo, located in the blue tent on First Street, from when first gates open until first pitch. While all guests will enjoy the theme throughout the park, only those who purchase a ticket through nationals.com/petcalendarday will receive the Nationals Player Pet Calendar.
Friday, August 28 vs. Miami Marlins
- The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Nationals T-Shirt.
Saturday, August 29 vs. Miami Marlins
- Join us for a special ’80s-themed evening. With a special ticket purchase, fans will receive a Nationals branded Rubik’s Cube. The ‘80s tribute band The Legwarmers will be performing at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk, and the Racing Presidents will be dressed in special outfits representing the decade. While all guests will enjoy the ‘80s theme throughout the park, only those who purchase a ticket through nationals.com/80sNight will receive the Nationals Rubik’s Cube and special priority access to The Legwarmers concert.
Sunday, August 30 vs. Miami Marlins
- The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Jayson Werth bobblehead presented by MASN. The bobblehead commemorates Werth’s Game 4 Walk-Off on October 11, 2012 and is the fourth of five “Great Moments in Nationals History” bobbleheads.