Next Tuesday, Apri 19th, come out for the fourth and final session of the Nerds in NoMa Speaker Series.
The topic is ‘Climate Change’, a look at how DC is addressing issues related to climate change, all while having some free beer, wine and popcorn.
It will be moderated by Tommy Wells, Director of Department of Energy & Enviroment
With the following panelists:
- Harriet Tregoning, Deputy Assistant Secretary, US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Angela Fritz, Deputy Weather Editor, Capital Weather Gang
- Dave Good, Manager, Energy and Sustainability, Gallaudet University
Register for the free event here.
Nerds in NoMa Speaker Series
Session 4 (of 4): Climate Change
The Lobby Project (1200 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002)
Tuesday, April 19
I went to the session on March 15th, on “Urban Adventures”. Here is what I learned:
- The Capitol Stone Yard is a cool little ‘hidden gem’ in the middle of Rock Creek Park.
- The Anacostia River in DC has a lot of hiking and things to do, but needs better access and better awareness,
- Kingman Island has many plans to improve the island as a destination, including a possible amphitheater, new docks/river access for kayaking, an improved trail around and more.
- DC is not lacking in possibilities for urban adventure. Get busy.