Virginia rockabilly band Jumpin’ Jupiter has been entertaining the DC region for decades! They are always a welcome sight — and sound! — and never more so as area clubs begin to carefully welcome the return of bands to their stages.
Jumpin’ Jupiter next rocks down The Birchmere on Saturday, July 18.
Jumpin’ Jupiter includes Jay Jenc on vocals, Louie Newmeyer on upright bass, Doug Hoekstra on drums, and Patrick Cavanaugh on guitar.
“Whether playing at a backyard bar-b-que or with some national act in a great big fancy club, these stripped-down, psychobilly cowpunks have found a home here on Earth. A home in the hearts of all of those folks out there who haven’t forgotten how much fun good ol’ American music is, even when you’re not paying attention!” the Rockabilly Hall of Fame proclaimed.
Watch Jumpin’ Jupiter perform live on the streets of Arlington, Virginia, in 2015:
As it reopens under Virginia’s pandemic recovery plan, The Birchmere is taking care to ensure that patrons have a safe and entertaining experience.
On its website, The Birchmere assures guests of:
- no minimum on food and beverage
- same general admission… no reserved seats
- same free parking
- same merchandise store… with social distancing
- tickets available through Ticketmaster and at box office on the night of the show
“We have taken all enhanced health and safety measures, for our friends and staff, and are following all procedures set forth by the CDC and the Commonwealth of Virginia,” The Birchmere adds.
- There will be a $5 COVID fee.
- Masks must be worn when you are not seated (when in the bathroom, in the store and when entering and exiting the building).
- Box office opens at 5pm for ticket transactions only.
- Doors open at 6pm, at which time you will be escorted directly to your seat. No line numbers will be used.
- Food and beverage are available as soon as you are seated.
- Show begins at 7:30pm.
Saturday, July 18
Show @ 7:30pm
$15 + fees