11 things to look forward to on the Nationals’ homestand from June 10-15.
Get your tickets here!
1) Da Cubs. After getting swept by the Cubs in four games (May 5-8), the Nationals are ready to show the world (June 13-15) what they are made of. Against the team that has best record in baseball.
2) NatsPass! Get a ticket to every home game in June for just $50! Do it!
3) Bryce Harper. May wasn’t a great month for Bryce. He also sat out a few games after getting hit by a pitch. June will be the month he gets hot.
4) 80’s Night. With the all important free fanny pack on Friday, June 10th.
5) Legwarmers. See a pregame concert (5:00-6:30pm) on Friday, June 10th.
6) Get on the field. Both a Seniors Stroll the Bases (June 11) and a Kids Run the Bases (June 12).
7) Steven Strasburg. Tied for 1st in wins (9) and 4th in strikeouts (100), Steven’s NL Cy Young chances are not out of the question. Although, beating out Kershaw and Arrieta will be tough.
8) Nats love dogs. Keep bringing your Pups to the Park #4 on Monday, June 13th.
9) $1 Good Humor ice cream on Tuesday, June 14th.
10) Fanny pack not enough? Come back on Wednesday, June 15th and get a free Tote Bag.
11) Seriously, the NatsPass. 10 home games in June for $50.
Max Scherzer (2013 NL Cy Young winner)
After a slow April, the Nationals turned it on in May and find themselves in first place in the National League East (28-22).
The Nats come into this week’s homestand off of a horrible three-game series at Cincinnati. Losing all three. And Stephen Strasburg left Friday’s game early with a stiff neck, only to be later put on the 15-day disabled list.
They look to bounce back against the Blue Jays (June 1-3) and the Cubs (June 4-7). No days off this week, just baseball everyday.
The Blue Jays series features two former Cy Young winners. R.A. Dickey of the Blue Jays (2-5) on Monday and the Nationals’ Max Scherzer (6-3) on Tuesday.
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.
Monday, June 1 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- U.S. Army Day Delivered by UPS will honor members of the United States Army and the 240th celebration of the Army’s birthday. The pregame ceremony will feature: the Army Drill Team, U.S. Army band, the Army Chorus and the first pitch by CSM Timothy Guden, Military District Washington.
- It’s also $1 hot dogs presented by Hatfield until the sixth inning.
Tuesday, June 2 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- A 10-Year Commemorative Coin will be given to the first 10,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES. In honor of the 10-Year Anniversary, the Nationals’ celebration will include monthly 10-Year Tuesdays, six designated games that will feature a collectible keepsake.