After a slow April, the Nationals turned it on in May and find themselves in first place in the National League East (28-22).
The Nats come into this week’s homestand off of a horrible three-game series at Cincinnati. Losing all three. And Stephen Strasburg left Friday’s game early with a stiff neck, only to be later put on the 15-day disabled list.
They look to bounce back against the Blue Jays (June 1-3) and the Cubs (June 4-7). No days off this week, just baseball everyday.
The Blue Jays series features two former Cy Young winners. R.A. Dickey of the Blue Jays (2-5) on Monday and the Nationals’ Max Scherzer (6-3) on Tuesday.
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.
Monday, June 1 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- U.S. Army Day Delivered by UPS will honor members of the United States Army and the 240th celebration of the Army’s birthday. The pregame ceremony will feature: the Army Drill Team, U.S. Army band, the Army Chorus and the first pitch by CSM Timothy Guden, Military District Washington.
- It’s also $1 hot dogs presented by Hatfield until the sixth inning.
Tuesday, June 2 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- A 10-Year Commemorative Coin will be given to the first 10,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES. In honor of the 10-Year Anniversary, the Nationals’ celebration will include monthly 10-Year Tuesdays, six designated games that will feature a collectible keepsake.
Wednesday, June 3 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- The Nationals will welcome D.C. students, teachers and staff to celebrate D.C. Public School Night at Nationals Park. In addition to providing complimentary tickets, the team will recognize the various achievements of students and staff on the field during pregame ceremonies.
- Nationals fans and their canine friends can enjoy the third of six games that make up the 2015 Pups in the Park series. All proceeds from dog tickets will benefit the Washington Humane Society. Fans and their pups will enjoy a designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area featuring pet sitters and representatives from the Washington Humane Society. For more information, visit nationals.com/pups.
Thursday, June 4 vs. Chicago Cubs
- The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Ryan Zimmerman bobblehead presented by PNC Bank. Ryan Zimmerman Bobblehead Presented by PNC Bank:The bobblehead commemorates Zimmerman’s walk-off home run in the first game played at Nationals Park, on March 30, 2008 against the Atlanta Braves. This is the second of five “Great Moments in Nationals History” bobbleheads that will be given away.
Friday, June 5 vs. Chicago Cubs
- Ian’s Academy All-Stars: Ian Desmond will invite a group of scholar-athletes from the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy for an opportunity to enjoy a Nationals game. As part of this season-long program, the group will enjoy a private meet and greet with Ian, special batting practice viewing, and receive tickets to the game. For more information, visit nationalsacademy.org.
Saturday, June 6 vs. Chicago Cubs
- The Nationals will honor D-Day and World War II veterans during pregame ceremonies.
Sunday, June 7 vs. Chicago Cubs
- Yoga in the Outfield: Calling all yogis, the Nationals are hosting their first ever Yoga in the Outfield! With a special ticket purchase, fans will receive a one-of-a-kind Nationals yoga mat and have the opportunity to participate in a 45-minute yoga class on the outfield grass led by Yoga instructors from VIDA Fitness following Sunday’s game. The class will occur directly after Kids Run the Bases. For more information, visit nationals.com/yoga