Oh boy. After a jaw-dropping 5-game winning streak to give us fans a glimmer of hope, the Nationals then proceeded to lose five games in a row, including getting swept by the first place Mets. Effectively eliminating our chances at a playoff spot. Sad face.
Now we sit 7.5 games back and the Nationals’ players can look forward to playing golf and canasta in the off-season.
The Beltway series against the also not good Orioles happens just in time for the Pope’s visit.
This homestand features not one, but two, bobbleheads! Calvin Coolidge (9/21) and Jordan Zimmerman (9/25).
As a bonus, the Nationals have an extra game added to the homestand, a make-up game with the Reds on 9/28.
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.
Pope Francis’ visit to DC: Delays and closures surrounding the papal visit are expected to be significant. Allow plenty of extra time when traveling to and from Nationals Park. To help shorten commute times, Metro will operate at near-rush hour capacity throughout the day on the Wednesday and Thursday of the papal visit, and DDOT has released a series of alternate routes that fans can use to avoid road closures that will be in effect during that time.
Thursday, September 17 vs. Miami Marlins
- The Nationals will honor the contributions of the Hispanic community to baseball and society by hosting Hispanic-themed entertainment throughout the evening. The radio station El Zol 107.9 FM will have DJ Solido at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk before the game.
- The Nationals will honor Denard Span for his ongoing commitment to single-parent families as the team’s nominee for the 2015 Roberto Clemente Award.
Friday, September 18 vs. Miami Marlins
- The Nationals will honor the U.S. Air Force with a patriotic-themed game on Friday, September 18. This will be the season’s fifth and final Military Branch Day Delivered by UPS. Senior leaders and other representatives from the U.S. Air Force will participate in the pregame ceremony and be the Nationals special guests for the Salute to Service.
- In coordination with the Vietnam Veterans of America, a Chair of Honor will be dedicated at Nationals Park during the pregame ceremony. Located in Center Field Plaza directly under the flag pole, the chair is dedicated to military personnel taken as prisoners of war or listed as missing in action.
Saturday, September 19 vs. Miami Marlins
- As fans enter, McDonald’s will provide complimentary samples of smoothies outside Center Field Gate on N Street SE. Available while supplies last.
Sunday, September 20 vs. Miami Marlins
- GRAMMY Award-winning singer Judy Collins will sing the national anthem and God Bless America.
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies and Eagle Scouts are invited to Nationals Park for the season’s final Scout Day. All scouts who purchase Scout Day tickets will receive a commemorative Nationals Scout Patch. More info: nationals.com/groups.
Monday, September 21 vs. Baltimore Orioles
- In partnership with the White House Historical Association, the Nationals will be giving away a Calvin Coolidge bobblehead to the first 25,000 fans who enter the ballpark through ALL GATES. Calvin is a visiting Racing President introduced earlier this season.
- Enjoy Spanish-inspired sandwiches from PEPE Food Truck by José Andrés. The truck is stationed inside the ballpark near the Right Field Gate during the entire series against the Orioles, starting Monday and continuing through Wednesday.
Tuesday, September 22 vs. Baltimore Orioles
- Editor’s Note: It’s the O’s! No special promotion needed!
Wednesday, September 23 vs. Baltimore Orioles
Friday, September 25 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Jordan Zimmermann bobblehead. It commemorates Zimmermann’s September 2014 no-hitter and is the fifth and final “Great Moments in Nationals History” bobblehead.
Saturday, September 26 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- Nationals fans and their canine friends are invited to the sixth and final 2015 Pups in the Park event. Enjoy a designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area featuring pet sitters and representatives from the Washington Humane Society and Fetch! Pet Care. All proceeds from dog tickets benefit the Washington Humane Society. This event is sold out.
Sunday, September 27 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- The first 25,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive Nationals gloves presented by Coca-Cola.
- Win authenticated game-worn, autographed jerseys right off the backs of Nationals players as part of the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation’s annual Jerseys Off Their Backs fundraiser. From 9/17-9/27, buy $5 raffle tickets in Center Field Plaza for the chance to win one of 25 jerseys. Winners will be announced during the game on 9/27. Participants do not need to be present to win. More info: nationals.com/jerseys.
- Yoga in the Outfield is returning! With a special ticket, receive a one-of-a-kind Nationals yoga mat and have the opportunity to participate in a 45-minute yoga class on the outfield grass led by instructors from VIDA Fitness following Sunday’s game. The class will occur immediately after Kids Run the Bases. More info: nationals.com/yoga.
Monday, September 28 vs. Cincinnati Reds (Make-up game)
- The postponed July 8 game against the Cincinnati Reds has been rescheduled to begin at 3:05 p.m. on Monday, September 28. More information can be found at nationals.com/postpone.