DC Music Rocks exists to promote music in the DMV, and the syndicated FM radio show/podcast produces the DC Music Rocks Festival, a showcase of local music, at 9:30 Club on Saturday, Aug. 18.
This year’s festival features five bands and two singer-songwriters on one big bill! Experience hip hop and funk with Allthebestkids, blues and grunge with Fellowcraft, hard rock with Black Dog Prowl, R&B and funk with Pebble to Pearl, and indie folk with Kid Brother.
And of course enjoy the work of singer-songwriters MaryJo Mattea and Justin Shapiro, both talented guitar players.
This is our favorite annual event, bringing five of DC’s incredible local bands from various genres together for one night of amazing music — in one of the area’s best local music venues!
Here are some great reason to attend, via DC Music Rocks:
- It’s Local! Just like the bands, the folks who attend the concert are locals. Make new friends and celebrate music!
- Support “Girls Rock! DC!” A portion of the proceeds support this local music education organization for girls.
- There’s a Photobooth and Giveaways! DC Music Rocks will share your photos on the big screen at the event and online. Favorite photos get free giveaways!
- And More Surprises! In between sets, a DJ from Girls Rock! DC will spin tunes. And the festival will host a local singer-songwriter talent contest.
- Follow @dcmusicrocks! Keep up on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more details.
Listen to the DC Music Rocks playlist featuring the 2018 bands and artists on Spotify:
“DC Music Rocks is a wonderful community resource,” said Mark Caicedo in our review of the inaugural festival last year.
The DC Music Rocks Festival is sponsored by Arlington Independent Media, Petworth News, Bias Studios, roXplosion, The MusicianShip, District Karaoke, Alchemical Records, Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center, and 7DrumCity.
DC Music Rocks Festival
Black Dog Prowl, Allthebestkids, Fellowcraft, Pebble to Pearl, Kid Brother
Saturday, Aug. 18