DC Music Rocks, a syndicated FM radio show and podcast dedicated to local music, hosted its second annual music festival at 9:30 Club recently, and a diverse lineup of bands performed, including Kid Brother, Pebble to Pearl, Fellowcraft, Maryjo Mattea, Justin Shapiro, and Allthebestkids. Paivi photographed the bands in action for Parklife DC.
The lineup for DC Music Rocks Festival represents a diverse cross-section of bands from around our region:
- Kid Brother are an indie folk band from Leesburg, Virginia.
- Pebble to Pearl is an R&B and funk band from DC metro.
- Fellowcraft is a blues and grunge band from DC. Fellowcraft drummer Brian Nelson-Palmer hosts DC Music Rocks!
- Maryjo Mattea is a local singer-songwriter.
- Justin Shapiro is a DC singer-songwriter, who is also the frontman and rhythm guitar player of Green River Junction.
- Allthebestkids is a hip hop and funk band from DC.
- DC rockers Black Dog Prowl also performed, but we missed them.
Here are some pictures of the performers at DC Music Rocks Festival on Aug. 18, 2018. We regret that we missed pictures of DC rockers Black Dog Prowl, who closed the show. All photos copyright and courtesy of Paivi Salonen.